Monday, January 28, 2008

~Time and All Eternity~


My niece called to tell me President Hinckley passed away last night. When we told the kids, Ratchet asked if his wife was sad. When we told him she passed away a few years ago, he said, "He must be so excited to see his wife and Heavenly Father." He always has the best insight into things.

I know I should be in mourning, but I'm really not sad. I am so excited that he is reunited with his wife. I think that's what is important. Families really are forever. I am so grateful for that knowledge. I can't imagine how lonely I would be without my husband and I've only been married for 11.5 years. President Hinckley lived an amazing life. He was a great prophet; a great leader; a worthy priesthood holder; an amazing father, grandfather, and great-grandfather. He exemplified all that was good in this world. He gave us hope, love, perspective, and guidance. I am grateful for the spirituality he helped add to my life.

President Hinckley always strengthened my testimony. So as a tribute to a great, great man, prophet, and priesthood holder, I would like to bear my testimony.

I know without a doubt that I am a daughter of Heavenly parents who love me and want me to be my very best so I can return to them. I know that the gospel is here on earth. I am grateful for the opportunity I have to live in this dispensation. I know Christ lives. I know He died for my sins. And I know He wanted to because He loves me. He loves me, Becky Reynolds. He knows who I am and He knows what I need. He gives me strength and guidance and so many other traits I need as a mother, wife, and friend. I know that President Hinckley was a prophet of God. And I know the next prophet will also be a prophet of God. He will continue the work that President Hinckley left. He will be there to guide me, to inspire me, and to strengthen my testimony. I am so grateful for a loving God who cares for us enough to give us such amazing leaders. I love my family. Even when they drive me crazy. And I hope that I can be as incredible as they are so that I can be with them in the Celestial Kingdom. In the name of Jesus Christ, amen.

No comments: