Saturday, June 07, 2008

~My Little Girl Is All Grown Up~

Our neighbor Mrs. B. is a substitute teacher. Today she substituted in Mona Lisa's class. I asked her if she got any special privileges because she knows her. She said, "I don't think so but, she wants me to babysit for her."

Um, two things. Mrs. B. doesn't have any children at home. And my daughter is only nine.

But apparently Mrs. B. has a meeting every Thursday and one of the attendees has a five-year-old daughter. She wants to pay Mona Lisa to come over and entertain the little girl during the meeting so she isn't a distraction.

Mona Lisa says, "I think I want to try it. (and then she does her scientific, list-making, analysis thing) I could learn how to babysit. It's what I did when with the twins when we went to help out with the triplets. You could just walk me over or I could climb the fence. I don't really care about the money, I just want to learn to be a good babysitter."

Analysis wins. It looks as if my little girl is getting her first job at the ripe old age of nine. Even the Bear was impressed.

No comments: